Thursday, January 8, 2009

new plans- round 2

So since Allan is being so incredibly generous about his house, I think Tony and I are going to try and get there on the 17th to have dinner with him and his wife, and then drive them to the airport the next day. If we fly to Kona, we will need to take the 4pm flight in order to get there by 5, so that we can get our rental car and do our 1 hr drive to Allan's, to arrive by 6:30ish. If that's the case, we will need to wake up early on Tuesday in order to do everything we wanted in time. Maybe the best thing to do is rent a car directly at the airport so that it will be easier/less time to return the car/get to the airport. The return flight back to Oahu could either be super early or late(just in time for our flight at 10pm), depending on if we want to do any traveling in Oahu on Sunday or just stay on the Big Island. I think once I get my travel book, I'll have a better gauge as to what all i want to do on the BI, and if four days will be enough, or if we need 5 full days. hmmm...
the earliest flight back on Sunday is at 7am (ouch), the next flight that is $48 is at 3:40pm. If we were to take a flight back to be there in time for our next flight, it would be at 7:39pm. 

In terms of rental cars... let's see:
-renting a car from Kona Airport: $194.19 from Tues. to Sunday ($39/day)
(it would cost the same as if we rent from somewhere else in Kona)
-renting from 16th/17th from HNL would be $36/day
-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment